Call for Artists Submissions for 2015 Exhibitions
The City Gallery, Peterborough, would like to invite submissions from artists for our Local Artist exhibition slots in 2015.
The City Gallery works to support our local artists and artists’ communities through our biennial Open Exhibition and third gallery programme. This call for submissions is an opportunity to have a solo exhibition or group exhibition at the gallery. If you are an artist living or working in the region, with a body of work you wish to exhibit, we want to hear from you.
We welcome applications from established and emerging artists, but would ideally like to exhibit new work. We also want to allow a space for artists to develop their work and will consider displaying a body of work in progress. So if you are trying new techniques or subject matter and want to show it for consideration and feedback from our gallery visitors, we are happy to support you in the development of an exhibition.
Exhibition Dates for 2015:
Exhibition: Friday 6 – Sunday 29 March 2015
Exhibition: Friday 3 – Sunday 26 April 2015
Exhibition: Friday 8 May – Sunday 7 June 2015
Exhibition: Friday 12 June – Wednesday 8 July 2015
Exhibition: Friday 24 July – Sunday 23 August 2015
Exhibition: Friday 28 August – Wednesday 23 September 2015
Your submission should include:
- A completed application form (City Gallery 3 Exhibition Proposal Form) available from the Vivacity website:
- A copy of your CV with full contact details.
- An artist’s statement detailing your practice and the outline proposal for your exhibition so that we can understand what you are trying to achieve.
- Some images of the work you intend to display or of your previous work, so that we can get a feel for the quality of your work and how the exhibition may look.
- Any other relevant information you think we should consider such as whether you wish to offer your work for sale, or if you might need additional equipment or support.
The deadline for applications is Friday 6 February 2015. Applicants are asked to read and complete City Gallery 3 Exhibition Proposal Form before submitting.
Further information can be found on the Vivacity Arts web pages or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org